Friday, September 14, 2007

God watches UFC?

So ... God and I were watching a couple of guys beat the snot out of each other in a scientific, skilled manner. Alleluia for MMA. Mixed Martial Arts for those of you stuck in a previous decade. I was watching modern day gladiators savage each other and both enjoy it. Something in them responds to the expressive aggression in a way that makes the blood, sweat, and thousands of hours worth the effort. And at the beginning it is not the money because they make squat for their first matches until they prove they are the real thing. So what is it? Maybe the adrenaline, maybe the rush of victory, or maybe just the basic raw love of the fight. And then it dawned on me. God is a mighty warrior. He wins every time he gets in the octagon, the cage most of the MMA fights are held in. And his robe of white is somewhere else because a warrior would not wear a robe into a fight because it would bind them at inopportune times. So, when God fights does he crush the opposition? That is what a mighty warrior would do.

Then he would go have a pint of the best beer he could find to celebrate. I don't know if I am missing something but that is how I view a mighty warrior. I wonder, is my perspective off or is that pathetic picture of Christ a prissy fraud?

2 comments:

Tory said...

Jon!!

wanted to say something wonderfully contemplative as your site provokes, but mostly just want to say hi.

do feel like just keeping your blog open because it certainly causes me to just sit back and experience God (besides just thinking about him). :)

Wally Harrison said...

enjoyed stopping by Jon