Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My major? ... Political Silence

Perhaps you have heard the early whispers of the vast political machines supporting the top presidential candidates...
Me too. And I do not believe most of what I hear. What I want is a politician who says what he or she actually thinks. Yeah, I know, a pipe dream. So I am moving away from discussing politics for a few months. Instead, I am going to spend the next few months intentionally loving the individuals around me. I am going to drink in each relational success and actively pursue the things that are real and meaningful.
So, do I think one of the politicians is the best choice? For now, my major is political silence.

3 comments:

Our Family said...

Good idea, Jonathan! I am really dreading the election this go around and am not sure how either party could have the best answers considering the vast differences in opinions on the war and other issues.

By the way, Chan still is silent in blog world! :)

Jennifer said...

You stole my line...or my Freudian slip.

Jon said...

I know a good thing when I hear it.